Monday, January 20, 2014

Skin Care Haul at CVS


Ah, yes. Everyone loves a good makeup haul and a good makeup day, but what about your skin in general? I was beginning to run out of face wash and lotion, so I decided to hit up CVS on the way home from my boyfriend's apartment. (I wish it was a Walgreens, such better deals!)


I picked up Cerave in the tub because of all the wonderful things I've heard about this moisturizer. I was trying to use up the rest of my LUSH Vanishing Cream (never buying it again) and my Olay all day moisturizer for combo/oily skin with SPF 15, but I just started to get so sick of them. I caved and bought this bad boy for a whole $15.99. The tub is 16oz, which is a lot compared to my Vanishing Cream at 1.5oz and my Olay at 6oz. It'll last me a lifetime! Which means in the long run it is saving me a bunch of money because I won't have to buy a new moisturizer for quite some time. I rubbed a bit of it on my hand when I got home and mmm, it's so light weight and smooth. It doesn't make me feel oily and gross and I know it's helping my dehydrated skin! Can't wait to actually use it on my face!

Up next we have the Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser. I'm a huge cream cleanser fan. The exfoliating cleansers irritate my skin so I much rather just use an exfoliating face pad at night. The smell of it is slightly minty, but it smells like a cream cleanser. I can't complain, I've smelled worse. It says it has a cool, refreshing tingle and I can definitely see that being true. I was going to buy a Neutrogena cream cleanser, but the C&C one helps remove makeup an the Neutrogena one didn't. I bought this for $7.29 and it is 6.5oz. I think that's a pretty average amount and things like this usually last me quite a while! I'm looking forward to giving this a chance.

Then we have my favorite face mask brand, Freeman's. I currently own the Chocolate and Strawberry mud mask and the Oatmeal and Avocado mud mask. I saw the Charcoal and Black Sugar mask while picking up the Cerava tub and couldn't refuse! I love anything charcoal for my skin as it's a really good detoxifier. I bought this for $3.99 at 6oz, but there was a sale going on. I would have went with the sale, but the only other ones they had left were the two I already have. No point in buying extra things just for a sale!

Lastly, I bought a Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream Kiss. I don't think I can express how much I love the smell of this! I usually stick to scents that are vanilla or just your run of the mill smells, but oh boy! I'm seriously obsessed. I've always liked Nivea chapsticks, but I never tried the lip butters before. I heard some good things about them and decided to give them a go. So happy I did. I put some on around 9a EST and it is now 12:30p EST and my lips are still going good! I bought this for $4.19 at .59oz, but there was a sale and I didn't do that either because I don't need three of these. They last me forever and I would probably lose the other two.



In total, after the NJ tax of 7%, I spent a total of $33.66 on everything. I could have spent less if I went to Walgreen's, but oh well! CVS was on the way and I really just wanted to get home ASAP. Got tons of coupons on my receipt, a few for body washes/soaps and one for hand/body lotion. I'll have to hold on to these!

All in all I'm very happy with my new washes and I can't wait to try them all out!


No comments:

Post a Comment